Governors hope that the parents and carers who have chosen this school for their child have done so knowing that it is a Church of England school with a distinctive Christian ethos. Governors therefore expect the parent/carer to give their full support to the ethos of the school.
The school welcomes visits from parents and carers and invites them to attend an Open Meeting where they can hear about the school.
To view our school prospectus, please click here.
To view our Home-School Agreement, please click here.
Christ Church is a one form entry school with 210 full time pupils and we admit 30 children into Reception each year. When the school has more applications than places available, children are admitted to the nursery and to the school according to these criteria, which are applied in the following order:
- Looked After Children or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became the subject of an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Children whose parent/carers are regular worshippers at St Mary Magdalene Church, Munster Square and have attended the Church fortnightly for at least a year – proof should be obtained from the Parish Priest. (A parent/carer is any person who has parental responsibility for, or is the legal guardian of, the child).
- Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of attendance. (Sibling refers to brother/sister/half brother/sister/adopted brother/sister/step brother/sister or the child of the parent/carer’s partner where the child for whom the school place is being sought is living in the same family unit at the same address as that sibling).
- Children who already attend the nursery at Christ Church School.
- Children whose parent/carers live in the Parish of Christ Church and St Mary Magdalene and who worship regularly at other Christian Churches which are members of ‘Churches Together in Britain and Ireland’ or the ‘Evangelical Alliance’. (The parent/carer should have attended church fortnightly, for at least a year, and should obtain proof from the Parish Priest or other appropriate authority.)
- Children whose parent/carers live in the Parish of Christ Church and St Mary Magdalene and who are regular worshippers of another world faith and who wish to attend a Church school where God is acknowledged as Creator and Lord. (The parent/carer should worship fortnightly for at least a year and should obtain proof from the appropriate authority).
- For children who do not fall into any of the above categories, priority will be determined by distance, measured in a straight line from the child’s home address to the main entrance of the school (using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system), with those living closer to the school receiving higher priority.
In all categories where there are more children than places remaining, priority will be given to those applicants whose homes are closest to the school gate in terms of distance measured in a straight line from the front door of the child’s home address to the main entrance of the school (using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system), with those living closer to the school receiving higher priority.
Admission to the nursery does not guarantee admission to the school.
Applying for a place in nursery
Please fill in an application form, which can be requested from the school office (or is available here), and return it to school as soon as possible. Ensure you have obtained any proof needed, such as a letter from your Parish Priest. Please also remember that admission into our nursery DOES NOT guarantee admission into our reception class. A separate application will need to be made.
Applying for a place in reception
Application forms can be requested from the school office (or are available here) and you must also apply via Camden Local Authority. Application forms are available from the Crowndale Centre in Camden or you may apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATION DATES CHANGE ANNUALLY and that both forms MUST be completed for your child to be considered.
Applying for a place in Years 1 to 6
Please telephone the school on 0207 387 7881 to find out about our current vacancies in all other year groups. If places are available, please complete the school’s Admissions application form and return to the office as soon as possible.