Resources and Ideas for Learning at Home
Ten Top Tips:
- Set a routine- use a timetable template to plan a routine so that children know what to expect each day.
- Get dressed! Don’t do your work in your pyjamas; you need to feel smart to ‘work smart’.
- Plan quiet time for reading, writing and maths together (away from screens)
- Plan the use of technology for independent learning.
- Monitor all other screen time very closely so that children stay safe on the internet.
- Plan time for breaks and exercise
- Read daily- make notes in your Reading Record and look up the meaning of new words.
- Practise maths number facts daily- number bonds to 10, 20, 100 and times tables facts.
- Practise your handwriting, older children practise your joins and ‘joining up’ your writing.
- Learn a new skill like juggling, origami, cartooning, cooking etc