At Christ Church we have a thriving school council who are significantly involved in decision-making within the school and ensuring that we have a strong ‘pupil voice’.
To name just a few examples, last year’s school council…
- Conducted a survey to improve the quality of vegetarian meals
- Spoke with Governors about how to improve congestion at home time
- Helped the school to develop it’s garden and encouraged the Governors to extend it
Each class, from Year 1 to 6, chooses a boy and girl to represent their class at weekly school council meetings. Reps hold many important roles including chair-person, treasurer and secretary.
In 2018 – 2019 school council hope to:
- Encourage teachers to use more educational games
- To help the school to support a charity